ROGD Awareness Day

Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria (ROGD) describes a new subgroup of transgender youth who suddenly came out as transgender in adolescence or early adulthood. The evidence suggests the role of social contagion following online immersion and transgender identity declarations among school friends.

Here is one story of desistance. Parents, embrace, don’t affirm.


88% Desisters In Study of Dysphoric Boys

“Two young boys, seated with books, in the children’s department of a Toronto public library, Toronto, Ontario / by BiblioArchives / LibraryArchives is licensed under CC BY 2.0.

Vast majority of gender dysphoric boys desist, long-term study finds.

The study was done at the University of Toronto by Singh, Bradley and Zucker and published by Frontiers in Psychiatry (March 29, 2021)

Researchers found that 17 (12.2%) of the participants persisted in their gender dysphoria, and the remaining 122 (87.8%) desisted. 82 (63.6%) of the participants were ascertained to be bisexual or gay and 43 (33.3%) were heterosexual. The remaining 4 (3.1%) reported no sexual fantasies.

One of the scientists, Kenneth J. Zucker, Ph.D., adolescent and child psychologist and chair of the DSM-5 Work Group on Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders was discussed in an early post last year.

Full Study Here.

This is why “watchful waiting” was always the preferred method until recently. But if you suggest that today you might be accused of trying to practice Conversion Therapy.

Today, clinicians advise social transition, then puberty blockers, and cross-sex hormones at earlier ages. There will be no turning back, no desisting from that. The only options will be either to continue identifying as the opposite sex/gender OR become a Detransitioner after having done irreversible harm to your body.

As a Classic Christian I encourage everyone to “Embrace, Don’t Affirm.”

Individuals with a Gender Identity Disorder (Gender-Dysphoria) need Truth-filled Love. Please read this post for more details.