Originally posted March 22, 2022
Here is a 2018 YouTube video (approx 17 minutes) of Professor Michele Moore (Univ of Essex), editor and chief of Disability & Society, a peer-reviewed academic journal in the field of disability studies.
Moore has been a warrior for children and young people yet has been harshly denounced for disagreeing with Gender Identity activists who claim that self-identified “transkids” are always right and should always be “affirmed” in their belief that they are Transgender.
She touches on several topics discussed by this blog.
- Rapid Onset Gender-Dysphoria (ROGD) – teenagers (mostly girls) suddenly identifying with G-D
- Social Contagion – teens identifying as trans in “friendship groups” offline and online
- Schools Deceiving Parents About Social Transition
- Social Services removing children from “non-affirming” parents.
- 4,500 percent increase in girls identifying as transgender over last decade in UK
- “Conversion Therapy” Deception
- 2/3 of Self-ID “trans” teenagers previously identified with mental health disorders
- 35% of children referred to UK Tavistock Gender Clinic are on autistic spectrum
- 80% desistance rate once they go through puberty using “watchful waiting”
- Normalizing dissociation from your natural body
- Lifelong Medicalization of Identity
- New kind of Homophobia
- Experimentation on the bodies of our children
- No child born in the wrong body
- Self-ID of gender is illusory
This is about inclusion. Listen….
Here are some of her final words in the video….
I argue that self identity is brought on by the things people say. A backdrop of media, the internet, the increasing role of trans affirmative ideas in schools for children that affect our teachers and the parents....uncritical medical practice is recycling the idea that the cause of misaligned gender resides in the body. Even though medical interventions bring lifelong physical and psychological difficulties that will actually deepen gender-based dissatisfaction and never actually change a person's biological sex.... It's not coincidental that children's interests are being undermined by the idea of self-identification. There are a lot of stakeholders including Big Pharma who want them to identify as transgender and who don't want anybody to ask any sensible questions. Very conveniently puberty blockers and hormone therapy compounds gender confusion. First the child misses out on the puberty of their peers. Next an already confused girl has a vagina and a beard. The only way forward is more treatment, more treatment. Allegedly to relieve gender-dysphoria. But the DeTransitioners that I'm working with and the people who regret transitioning tell us that gender-dysphoria doesn't go away with medical intervention because the problem doesn't reside in the body. My critique is not about exclusion. It's about inclusion. It's about allowing every girl to live her own kind of femininity without being excluded from her own body and without being excluded from a female sex class. And it's about inclusion so that any boy wants to wear pink dresses to school can do that and not be excluded from his own body. And his own sex class. The idea that children are born in the wrong body, that gender is biological and sex isn't, and that children should be allowed to self-identify their sex and their gender, functions as a tool for adult self interest. Children are being confused in terrible ways...
Professor Moore puts her career and reputation on the line by saying what she says. She has “nerves of steel.”
Gender Ideologues animated by Queer Theory want to abolish the concepts of sex and sexuality. And they want to start teaching this to our kids at the earliest possible age. Please refer to the following “category” of posts: Schools and Gender Ideology for more information.
You can read about Queer Theory in the previous post: The New Homophobia, LGBTQ Activism & Queer Theory.
For anyone interested in an extended review of the Gender-Critical Pro-Creation argument presented on this blog, but without having to scroll through every post, please visit the Menu at the top of each page and click on the Top Posts link.